We apply the treatment using a disposable syringe and favour a product called Azzalure, manufactured by Galderma.
The treatment is generally applied in precise locations:
- between the eyebrows (glabellar frown lines)
- in the forehead
- around the temples (periorbital crow's feet)
- on the bridge of the nose (radial 'bunny' lines)
- around the lips (perioral lines)
- along the neck (horizontal necklace lines).
Botulinum toxin injections can also be used to reduce excessive sweating on the palms, under-arms or feet. Excessive sweating can cause day-to-day activities to become difficult or embarrassing. The injections work by blocking the nerve signals to the sweat-producing glands, and their effect can last for five to six months.